1. Before submitting your application please check the calendar to ensure there is availability for your dates.
2. Please ensure you complete ALL sections of the application form. We will not review applications that have not been completed fully.
3. Volunteer placements will start on a Monday and we ask that you arrive between 9am and 2pm. If it is impossible for you to arrive on a Monday, please provide details so we can try to accommodate you.
4. You will be living communally on the campsite, as such you will be encouraged to participate in simple daily chores that ensure the health and hygiene of the farm and the camp area.
5. You need to bring your own tent/camper, sleeping gear, mattress & towels. Please note, that we have 10 camping shelters. These are distributed to students in the first instance. If you miss out on a sheltered site, don’t worry, there is plenty of camping space.
6. Please be aware that we provide catering for all meals five days a week – from Monday to Friday – but on the weekends, you will need to cater for yourself. You can do this by taking a trip into the surrounding towns (i.e. Nimbin, Lismore, Bangalow, Byron Bay); by bringing some food supplies and snacks with you; by buying food at the nearby shop or The Channon market held every second Sunday. There is a general shop and a pub that provides meals, both are a 15-20 minute walk away from the farm. There is a simple camp kitchen with a fridge in the common room to store and cook meals.
7. If you have any special dietary concerns, please let us know prior to arrival and we will do our best to cater for you. However, please be aware that while we will do our best to accommodate dietary needs we operate with limited human resources and therefore we cannot promise to cater for anything other than vegetarians and those who have a standard diet (i.e. we cannot commit to catering for vegans, gluten free diets etc). For your interest, much of our food is grown on site and all drinking water is harvested rainwater.